GV needs people to play the game, without people there is nothing to do. I myself dont play because there isnt enough people to get into the game at any time and just immediatly have fun (apart from the known bugs and other issues, but i could live with those). I also want to highlight that i have 100 lvl character with stash full of crafting materials, weapons and armors.
Now, my proposal is as follows: why dont we introduce into the game seasons (3-4 months for example) and wipe the servers every new season. It would work more or less like D3 or PoE. My arguments are as follows:
1. Why do we need those decked out, maxed characters if there is nothing for us to do with them. There is 100 online in peak hours and its still dropping, most of us dont really care about those characters since there is nothing to do with them. You have everything? Great, so what? There is no real incestive for you to log in and play then.
3. There are probably people who doesnt want to play against maxed characters even tho they would like to try the game, it might be discouraging when a party of friends cant defend a location against one maxed dude.
3. Every season would bring people to play with and some nice data for devs for optimization when more people play the game. I assume they dont get much data with things as they are now, the game is too much stagnate.
4. For every season there could be challanges and rankings of some sort to provide people with incentive to start over again (if the possibility to start fresh with larger ammount of people isnt enough). Like the person with the most kills will receive some title on the account in the of of the seaon (or something similar, its just a detail that coul be worked on).
5. At the beginning of every seazon everyone would need recipes, crafting materials, lvls, reputation = there would be a lot of player activity, lots of pvp, people would have a real reason to fight for castles (reciepes, crafting benches) and the game would overall be much more alive. Right now everyone, or 95% of the player base, has everthyng and there is no real incestive to do stuff. The new seaon would bring both old players as new players (especially since it would be included with a major patch),
My thinking is that there is no sense in clinging to one’s character in an alpha game and not wanting the wipes, especially since its been 4 months since steam release – what else could one want to achieve in this game after all this time? With almost no one playing the game? It only makes the dev tream work harder as they have to care about our worthless stashes and materials, instead of focusing entirely on improving the game. As for the new players – it would be much better for them to lose their fairly new character and then to play GV with other people than to keep their meaningless characters and play almost a solo game. To give people some time to adjust to the new change the idea of seasons and the first seazon (with wipe) could be introduced either with the new animation system or some smaller but still significant patch within like 2 months, assuming the annoucement would be made some time soon. And of course the idea of season would apply to the game in alpha/beta stage, not the actual released game.
So yeah, thats the idea more or less. I would like to hear your opinions Smile Cheers.